In a world increasingly conscious of environmental issues, consumers seek companies that put planet-friendly practices at the forefront of their operations—and the same goes for the B2B sector. This is where sustainable marketing agencies come into the picture.
Which are the top 8 sustainable marketing agencies in Europe?
Keep reading to find out who made the cut. But first, let’s cover the basics: What is a sustainable marketing agency, and how to choose one?
What is a sustainable marketing agency?
A sustainable marketing agency is a business that advocates for and specializes in green marketing and eco-friendly messaging.
These agencies create innovative campaigns with an emphasis on sustainability, helping brands to achieve long-term profitable growth while protecting the environment.
Their services range from digital content creation to SEO strategy and even, in some cases, advertising campaigns focusing on sustainable messaging and eco-friendly practices.
What to look for in a sustainable marketing agency?
When searching for a sustainable marketing agency with green messaging, you may wonder what to look for.
How to separate the green jargon from green and meaningful actions?
To start with, look into these:
- Case studies specific to green companies: Companies focusing on sustainability might work differently from others. Check out the agency’s case studies to see if they’ve really done the work—and showed results—within the sustainability market.
- Vision statement: Sustainability should be at the heart of any green marketing agency—and it shows. Check their vision statement: it should be focused on sustainable growth and show an active commitment to sustainable measures.
- Personal sustainable manifesto: This is an excellent way of finding out if you’re looking into a committed sustainable marketing agency—or if it’s simply greenwashing.
- Active social media presence: Showing thought leadership is a great way to validate a sustainable agency’s true intentions. Look for the CEO profiles and company pages on LinkedIn and other business social media to find out if their commitment to sustainability extends beyond profit.
When selecting a green marketing agency, it’s essential to consider its track record of success. Have they been able to effectively communicate their clients’ messages? Do they have a good relationship with their customers? These factors will help you decide if an agency is a right choice for your business.
To support you even more, we’ve created a list of 8 sustainable marketing agencies with green messaging. These agencies will surely provide your business with a practical and ethical approach to marketing that will help you reach your target audience meaningfully.
Furthermore, we wanted to highlight women-led and smaller sustainable marketing agencies that are doing great work in the industry.
From content creation to media engagement, these agencies have the skills and resources to ensure your green message is heard loud and clear.
8 Sustainable Marketing Agencies To Take Note
1. MTC | The Content Agency: thought leadership content and strategy for B2B brands
- Vision: We accelerate organic growth and brand relevance for companies delivering a cleaner, brighter, and more sustainable future for our planet.
- Founders: Megan Thudium
- Certifications: member of The Sustainable Marketer Manifesto and Leaders For Climate Action; Climate subscription with ForTomorrow
- USP: Consulting our clients on marketing campaigns that do good for people and the planet.
- Vision: Akepa was born from a drive to help brands that share our values – with a sense of purpose that’s about more than just profit. We want to help those like-minded companies grow and thrive.
- Founders: Maribel Villalba and Michael Wilkins
- Certifications: Climate-neutral company
- USP: Like a delicious garam masala, it’s about the perfect blend of spices and techniques to achieve your aim.
- Vision: A women-owned and operated marketing agency dedicated to using marketing techniques that are both friendlier to the planet and manageable long term.
- Founders: Courtney Hume and Aubrey Wallace
- Certifications: member of 1% for the planet, ESG mark
- USP: An advocate for social and environmental sustainability first and a marketing agency second.
- Vision: We’re helping to build a new, regenerative economy. An economy that is run by ethically driven entrepreneurs who seek to balance profitable growth with creating positive societal impact.
- Founders: Moh Al-Haifi and Lee Fitzpatrick
- Certifications: My Carbon Zero, Marketing Kind, Certified B Corporation
- USP: We want to level the playing field by equipping ethically focused brands with the same marketing resources, insights, and tools used by some of the biggest brands in the world. Utilizing them to benefit the many, not just to line the pockets of a few.
- Vision: We believe in future-proofing businesses without having to compromise integrity, supporting an economy that nourishes and sustains the planet we live in.
- Founder: Pollyanna Durbin
- Certifications: Ecologi
- USP: Marketing shouldn’t cost the earth.
- Vision: To use the power of marketing to help world-changing companies transform the world while elevating their business performance.
- Founders: Mariia Batenkova and Andrés Bohórquez
- Certifications: N/A
- USP: Market your business while supporting the planet.
- Vision: We believe that a green lifestyle can change the world for the better.
- Founders: Marco Voigt, Kathrin Schiebler and Thomas Bober
- Certifications: N/A
- USP: We develop sustainable products, collections, communication solutions, and services that work for us and for our lives. Without pointing fingers.
- Vision: We aim at empowering and helping organizations in a sustainable way, providing digital green services and consulting.
- Founders: Claire G. and Olivier Hoareau
- Certifications: N/A
- USP: We believe that green is the right choice.
Sustainable messaging isn’t just about telling people what they should do—it’s also about inspiring them to make changes in their own lives. Look for an agency that understands how to bridge the gap between knowledge and action, so that your message resonates with people on an emotional level (yes, even in B2B).
At the end of the day, finding the right sustainability marketing agency is essential for achieving success in today’s competitive marketplace. We hope this list helps you find the perfect partner for your green campaigns!
If you liked reading this article, I recommend the following content: